The conduct of any business in poor and developing nations must be done with fair and ethical policies. This applies to any kind of business, no matter how large or small.
My values when it comes to conducting business with the highly skilled cratsmen and antique dealers of the Arab world are as follows:
- To ensure that a fair price is paid and that the seller has made a good profit.
- That a significant portion of money received through the sales of jewelry is reinvested in the local economy. I try to keep a positive ‘balance of payments’.
- That a significant portion of money received through the sales of jewelry is put in the hands of charitable organisations operating in the countries where i source my jewelry.
- That all products are not made through any hardship or through the employment of young children
- That all products are genuine, are truly antique and are made of the materials that are being claimed.